Background Image for Header:
Festival of Ideas FAQ
Is there a fee to attend Festival?
- Festival is free and open to the public.
- In the anticipation of a great interest in a Festival, we will require tickets for guests to attend the event. Tickets will be announced on the event page and distributed through the Mountaineer Ticket Office. Tickets will be free of charge.
Where can I park to attend Festival?
- Parking is available to the public. Please click on the links below based on where the lecture you wish to attend takes place.
Are venues accessible for people with limited mobility?
- Yes, for more information please visit
the Office of Accessibility
If I can’t attend in person, will it be webcast?
- Festivals are
not typically webcast but, in the event we anticipate a strong interest in the
speaker/topic, a webcast link will be provided on our FOI homepage.
If the speaker has written a book, will there be a book signing?
- Yes, provided the speaker has agreed to it in advance.
- Books are usually sold onsite by WVU Bookstore.
- If you already own a copy, you may bring it to be signed.